How To Make Quick Eggless Christmas Fruit Cake
For all those who want a Christmas Cake on the table at the very last minute! No fuss, no pre-soaking, no caramel, no alcohol.. just delicious fruity goodness!
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Quick Eggless Christmas Fruit Cake
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar(powder in blender)
- 2 cups Mixed Dried Fruit(raisins, cashews, almonds,walnuts, figs, tutti-fruity etc)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp Honey
- zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4Cup fresh Curd
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Allspice powder
- 1 Cup water
- 1 tbsp Jam
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
Steps to make Quick Eggless Christmas Fruit Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. C. Grease and line a 8 inch round baking pan.
- Bring the 1 cup water to a boil, add in the sugar and dried fruits and simmer till its reduced to half(15 mins) and the fruits are plump.Turn off heat.
- Add in the butter and zest and stir till butter melts completely.Let cool.
- After mixture has cooled completely mix in the honey, jam, all spice,vanilla extract and curd . Keep aside.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in this flour into the dry fruits mixture till well combined.
- It will be a thick batter. Spoon onto prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for an hour or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and invert when cold.
- You can arrange some cashewnuts/blanched almonds on top of the cake decoratively.
- Make your own Allspice- Grind together equal quantities of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and cloves till smooth. Bottle and use as required!