Fish and chips
- Fish fillets - 4 pieces (each size should be 3 to 5 inches)
- Egg-2 lightly beaten
- Plain flour -1cup
- Cold Water -1cup
- Vinegar -1 teaspoon
- Black pepper -1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil -1 cup (for deep fry)
- Put the fish fillets in a big bowl.
- Add the vinegar and leave it for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, eggs and water together.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter of it.
- Dip the fish pieces into this batter.
- Coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry for 15 minutes on a medium flame until it turns golden in colour.
- Remove from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.