How To Make CHICKEN CUTLETS
Delicious crisp chicken cutlets are one the most liked snack at my home. You will find my freezer stuffed with these cutlets.Yes! I make it in a bulk and freeze them. Presently Bangalore is amazingly awesome with weather here, every evening we have beautiful rains with cool breeze hitting in. All you need is garam adrak wali chai with some hot n crisp munchies, and when your freezer is stuffed with these cutlets the only thing you require is to fry them or even bake them. Scrummy evening treat is ready in minutes. Once you take a bite, you will want to have it more and more. do try it at home…let’s go through how I do them..
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for CHICKEN CUTLETS
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make CHICKEN CUTLETS
- 500 gms, boneless chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 cups, potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup, capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon, green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon, garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon, ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon, roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 50 gms, bread crumbs
- juice of one medium lemon
- Salt pepper as required
- 2 tablespoon, oil
- For coating:
- Maida/all-purpose flour as required
- Bread crumbs as required
- Slight beaten eggs, as required
- Oil for Deep frying
Steps to make CHICKEN CUTLETS
- In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and fry for few seconds. Add chopped garlic and grated ginger. Fry until light golden. Add chopped onion, sauté until soft and pink.
- Add carrot and capsicum, saute for 4-5 minutes. Take it off the heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, add boiled potatoes, shredded chicken, sauteed vegetable, green chilies, garam masala powder, cumin powder, bread crumbs, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal lemon sized balls and shape each of them into patty.
- For Coating:
- Take each patty, coat it well with flour. Then dip the patty in beaten egg and coat it with bread crumbs. Again dip the patty in the egg and then coat it with bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same for all.
- Refrigerate the cutlets for 30-45 minutes. At this stage you can freeze the cutlet for later use if preferred. Place the cutlets on the tray lined with butter paper and freeze it for 3-4 hours.
- Then gather them all and place it in zip pouch and freeze it. These cutlet stays easily for 3 months.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan or kadhai. Deep fry the cutlets until crisp and golden brown. Take them out on absorbent paper
- Serve them hot with Ketchup, sauces or dips of your choice.