How To Make Rice Cutlet Grilled Sandwich
Left over rice given a makeover and presented in a different way as a completely new dish.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Rice Cutlet Grilled Sandwich
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 8 slices bread
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Rice Cutlet Grilled Sandwich
- In a pan heat oil, saute onions and salt till soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft. Add ginger garlic paste and coriander powder and saute.
- Add mashed potatoes and rice. Mix well. Cool.
- Mash a little and shape into round tikkis.
- Place tikkis between 2 bread slices. Apply butter generously and grill.
- Once grilled, cut into triangles and serve hot with tomato sauce.
My Tip: Tikkis can be shallow fried in a little oil before grilling, though it is not required as all ingredients are already cooked.