How to make Garam Masala
- Marination Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 inch piece ginger, smashed
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoon of curd
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Other Ingredients:
- 750 grams mutton
- 3 medium sized potatoes, cut into halves
- 3 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves
- 10 black peppers
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon meat masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 125 ml mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Handful of coriander leaves, shredded to garnish
- Grind the onions, ginger and garlic together to form a smooth paste.
- Wash and clean the meat. Put the meat in a bowl with the listed marination ingredients and mix well. Let it marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon mustard oil in a kadhai/pan. Fry the potatoes till they become golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Pour in the remaining mustard oil in another pan. Add in some turmeric and temper the spices, bay leaves, black pepper, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom. Then add sugar and stir it well.
- Next, put in the grinded paste along with the meat masala. Fry this mixture for 2-3 minutes. Then put in the marinated meat and cook at a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- After this time period, pour in 2 cups of water and cover with a lid. Let it simmer and cook for 1 hour or so till the meat is tender to taste.
- Then put in the fried potatoes and garam masala together. Stir well and cook for 4-5 minutes before switching off the heat.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot alongside luchis.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.