Lemon Polenta Cake~gluten free
- 200gms Unsalted Butter
- 200gms Almond Flour
- 150 gms Powdered Sugar
- 115 gms Polenta
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- For the Lemon Syrup-
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease and line a 9 inch cake pan with butter paper and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large, dry bowl
- Mix together the polenta, baking powder and almond flour.
- Now add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the polenta mixture gently along with the zest.Mix well to combine thoroughly so that no lumps remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- For the syrup- Boil the sugar and lemon juice along with a tbsp of water in a small pan till thick and syrupy.
- Remove and pour over the baked cake. Leave in pan to cool.
- Slice and serve with hot jasmine tea.