How to make Coconut Milk
- 450 grams skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 170 ml coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 30 wooden skewers of 8 inch
- Vegetable oil
- Take a bowl, pour in the coconut milk along with the fish sauce, sugar, curry paste, and salt. Stir these ingredients well together and keep it aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise and put them into the marinade. Coat these chicken well, then cover the bowl and refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Heat the stove or a grill to a medium-high flame. Thread the skewers with a single piece of chicken each lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet.
- Once the grill is ready, rub the grates with some vegetable oil. Put the skewers on the grill, close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes till grill marks appear on the satay.
- Then flip the chicken satays and cook till the grill marks appear on the other side, this could take another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer these skewers to a serving plate and serve with peanut sauce for dipping.
My Tip: It is best to marinate for 24 hours so that the flavours sink deep into the chicken satay.