- 400 gram fish fillets, boneless
- 200 gram prawns, peeled
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, grounded
- 1 tbsp tamarind, soaked in hot water
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 pieces of Lemongrass (to use as skewers)
- Ingredients to grind:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 cm piece of Ginger
- 1 small sized tomato, finely chopped
- 4 Dry Red Chillies
- Wash and finely chop the prawn and fish or grind them together. Keep it aside. Also grind the ingredients listed under 'Ingredients to grind' and keep aside.
- Take a pan and pour in the oil, add in the grinded mixture and stir. Then add the lime leaves, bay leaves, tamarind water and cook till a beautiful fragrance develops.
- Next, add in salt, black pepper, brown sugar together and mix them well. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Let it cool for a while, then add the fish and prawn into this spice mixture and combine it together.
- Take 2 tbsp of the satay meat in your hands, place the lemongrass in the center and gently wrap the meat around with your hand. Follow this procedure with all the other lemongrass skewers and keep aside.
- Heat a grill or a non stick grilling pan to a medium-high flame. Spray some oil on top and put the fish satays and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes each.
- Once the satays are cooked serve them hot with some dipping sauce on the side.