How To Make Paneer Lollipop
Paneer Lollipop is a delicious starter dish loved by one and all. This is one of the famous Indo Chinese Recipes and can be easily made at home. Paneer Lollipop is basically spicy Paneer (Cottage Cheese) mixture topped on baby corn and deep fried. The home made crumbled Paneer is mixed with boiled potatoes and the mixture is spiced up and made into dough by adding little cornflour . Baby corn acts as an edible holder to the lollipop.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Paneer Lollipop
Ingredients to make Paneer Lollipop
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 1 cup (200 gm)
- Boiled Potatoes - 2 medium size
- Chopped Onion - 1 large
- Baby Corn - 8
- Finely chopped Green Chili - 2
- Grated Garlic Ginger - 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Corn Flour - 2 tbsp + for dusting
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Schezwan Sauce - 1 tsp (Optional)
Steps to make Paneer Lollipop
- Grate the Paneer or simply crumble it. I have used homemade Paneer. Mix it with all the above ingredients except oil and baby corn to form a dough.
- Make a medium sized round balls from this dough and pierce the thicker side of the baby corn in this paneer ball.
- Press the paneer ball lightly between your palms to secure it firmly on the baby corn. Make all the lollipops in the similar way. Keep them in the fridge, fry just before serving.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok. Roll the lollipop on the cornflour and tap to remove the excess flour and deep fry in the oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until crisp and golden brown turning occasionally.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with schezwan sauce.