Mysore Masala Dosa
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 1/2 cup Poha
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 2 large Potato
- 2 Green chilies
- 2 Red chillies
- 2 tbsp Fried Chana dal
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Ginger crushed
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 5-6 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice separately and fenugreek seeds and urad dal separately in a bowl for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Next day, grind the mixture along with poha and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for 8-10 hours.
- Chop the potatoes and heat oil in the pan.
- Add mustard seeds, onio.ns and cook till onion becomes translucent
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves. Saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder. Cook for a minute then add potatoes.
- Add salt and 2 tbsp water. Cook till water dries up.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add coriander leaves.
- For chutney, Roast chana dal. Add onion garlic, ginger and cook for a minute.
- Blend the mixture to paste.
- Heat tawa, spread the dosa batter in circular motion with the help of a ladle, sprinkle few drops of oil all over.
- Cook till middle portion is browned.
- Smear the red chutney and place the filling over dosa.
- Fold and serve.