How To Make Chicken Kofta Curry
Soft and tender Chicken meatballs in a rich and aromatic curry, simply irresistible!
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time40mins
Key ingredients for Chicken Kofta Curry
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Chicken Kofta Curry
- Chicken mince(from thigh)- 500gms
- Onions- 4 medium sized, chopped
- Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Fresh curd- 1/2 cup, beaten
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Deggi mirch- 1 tsp
- Mustard oil- 1/4 cup +1 tbsp extra
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Handful of Chopped coriander for garnish
Steps to make Chicken Kofta Curry
- Season the mince with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Heat oil (to smoking point then let cool a bit) saute the onions, followed by the ginger garlic paste. After 5 minutes add in the tomato puree along with the coriander and cumin powder.
- Add the deggi mirch and cook till oil separates from masala, add in the garam masala now and give it a good stir.
- Take a tbsp of this masala and add it to the raw mince, mix well.
- Now add the curd to the masala in the pan(over low flame), add some water to make a gravy and let simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile shape the mince mixture into lemon sized balls. Heat a tbsp of oil till moderately hot. Fry the kofta balls till golden , drain and keep aside. Add any leftover oil to the simmering masala mixture to enrich the gravy.
- Add the fried kofta balls to the simmering gravy, check seasoning and let simmer for 10 minutes till koftas are tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
My Tip: Add some sliced, blanched Almonds to make it richer.Serve piping hot with lacha paranthas/rice. Make sure you use fresh curd else it will split.