How To Make Thai Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
A sublime combo of coconut, rice and mangoes!
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Thai Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Thai Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
- 3/4 cup jasmine/short grain/ basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 sliced sweet ripe mango
Steps to make Thai Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
- Boil the rice in a heavy bottom pan with 1 cup water,1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of coconut milk for 10-12 minutes so that the liquid evaporates completely.Add more water if required to cook the rice completely.
- take another sauce pan and add the rest of the sugar and coconut milk and stir continuously on a medium flame till the mixture becomes thick.
- Spoon coconut sugar mixture over the cooked rice, serve with sliced mango
- Can be had warm or chilled.