Spicy Eggplant Salad or Afghani Bonjan Salat
- 3 long eggplants cut into thick circles
- 2 tsp salt divide
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tblsp dried mint
- Salt the eggplant and keep aside for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry the eggplants till soft and brown on either sides. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and looks glossy. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour over the eggplant and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve at room temperature