Traditional Italian Pesto
How To Make Pasta Dough
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- squeeze of lemon
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- Start by crushing the pine nuts in the mortar and pestle. Pound till they are coarse, keep aside.
- Now pound garlic and salt together until they are squishy and soft. Add in a handful of the basil leaves, bruise and crush well. Add a bit of the nuts and cheese and pound.
- Keep repeating this process until you have exhausted all the leaves, nuts and cheese. Add in the lemon juice and adjust seasoning. Mix in the extra virgin olive oil and serve with the pasta of your choice.