Ingredients to make Smoky Tomato Soup!!!
- 1 onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stick, (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
Steps to make Smoky Tomato Soup!!!
- In a deep frying pan, add in oil, once the oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, celery and carrot, cook till they are soft. Then add in smoked paprika and cook for another minute. Next add in the chopped tomato, tomato puree, oregano and warm water.
- Season to taste and let it simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let this cool then whizz it in a blender and pour it back into the same pan. Now add in cream and mix well. Note to warm the soup before serving.
- Serve warm with a garnish of extra swirl of cream and some parsley.