Homemade Short Crust Pastry
- 500g Filo dough
- 3 cups Walnut /of your choice, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 cup Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare filo dough according to packet. Preheat oven to 180 degree C
- Add the sugar and water in a pot and bring it to boil, simmer for 15 mins and then add lemon juice. Keep aside.
- Melt the butter and brush a baking dish with it.
- Spread a filo pastry sheet on the counter and brush with melted butter. Place 2 tbsp of nuts and spread evenly.
- Roll the filo and push each end of the roll together. Repeat this entire the baking dish is filled.
- Brush with melted butter on top. and bake for 25 mins. Reduce the temp to 160 and cook for another 30 mins.
- Pour the sugar lemon syrup and let it cool for a couple of hours.
- Cut into small pieces and serve