Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into 1’ inch pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ tbsp. Coriander powder
- 6 sprigs fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Cream, optional
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and drop in chopped onion and garlic. Fry till onion slices turn translucent.
- Now add carrot pieces, black pepper powder, coriander powder, paprika and oregano. Stir on low flame and add water. Simmer until carrots turn soft and tender.
- Add coriander leaves. Transfer this to a blender and pulse till smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot and place on the stove over low heat till you get thick soup consistency.
- Season with salt and finish it off by adding cream, if using. Serve warm.