Homemade Vegetable Stock
- 1 Medium sized Broccoli floret
- 3 tbsp of white onion, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 Capsicum/ Bell pepper cubed
- 3 tsp of butter
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- Water to boil the Broccoli
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a pan, take water and drop in the broccoli florets. Boil it until the florets get cooked and turn tender. Drain out the broccoli florets and preserve the water to use while grinding the broccoli.
- In another pan, heat the butter. Add cubed onions, chopped garlic and salt to it. Let the onions turn tender. Now add capsicum/bell pepper and pepper to it. Let it get cooked. Remove it from the heat.
- In a blender, add the cooked broccoli and cooked bell pepper mixture. Add just enough water (the water that had been used to boil broccoli) to grind them all together into a fine paste.
- To a pan, pour in the vegetable stock and add the corn flour to it. Mix it well. Now add the ground paste to it and bring it to a boil. Then add milk to it. Let it boil and cook till you get a desired consistency for the soup.
- Serve it hot with some crackers / croutons and some ground pepper sprinkled on top.
My Tip: You could use ghee(clarified butter) instead of butter if you wish to. You could substitute corn flour with all purpose flour to bring thickness to the soup. If you eat chicken, then you could use chicken stock to make the non vegetarian in you happy.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.