- 2 cups dried Chickpeas
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 springs of fresh Coriander, chopped
- 2 wedges of Lemon
- Slices of toasted Bread, to serve
- Wash and soak chickpeas overnight. Drain the chickpeas and pressure cook them with enough water, until they turn tender.
- Drain the chickpeas and put two-thirds in a food processor or blender with a little water and process until smooth. (Add more water if necessary to give a thinner consistency).
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil, to this add onions, garlic and cook till onions are soft. Add sliced tomatoes and salt. Cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Now add chickpea puree and cook on a low flame by adding pepper and remaining chickpeas. Cook for another 3-4 minutes by covering with a lid.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges and toasted bread.