How To Make Tempura Prawn
Batter fried Prawns with a light and crisp coating, a Japanese delicacy.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Tempura Prawn
- 20 large prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp Soda- bi- carb
- Sweet Chilli sauce/Soya sauce/Wasabi to serve
- oil to deep fry
- salt to taste
Steps to make Tempura Prawn
- Sift the flour and soda- bi- carb twice, keep aside.
- Combine flour, water and egg and mix lightly.Season and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok till moderately hot.
- Hold prawn by the tail and dip into batter, coating evenly. Gently slide into the oil and cook till lightly golden and crisp. Repeat with all the prawns, frying only 3-4 at a time.
- Drain well and serve with the sweet chilli sauce/ wasabi/soya sauce