How To Make Paneer Chakri
An innovative take on the classic paneer that is flavourful and a visual delight as well.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make Paneer Chakri
- Paneer ( Cottage Chesse): 1 block ( 1kg)
- Ingredients for green paste:
- Green peas 250gm
- Amul Cheese 150 gm
- Cumin seeds 5 gm
- Ingredients for garlic sauce:
- Garlic 300 gm
- Tomato puree 100 gm
- Red chili powder 50 gm
- Curd 75 ml
- Whole red chili 2 nos
- Vegetable oil 300 ml
- Ingredients for Udaigiri masala:
- Curry leaf 20 gm
- Crushed coriander seeds 10 gm
- Fennel seeds 10 gm
- Turmeric powder 5 gm
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Paneer Chakri
- Heat little oil add cumin seed Sautee green peas and salt to taste , take out from the heat add grated cheese and make thick paste without water , keep aside the paste.
- Steam the Paneer block at 130 degrees celsius for 15 min, then slice the Paneer block into 1 inch thickness.
- Heat half of the oil then add garlic sauté till golden brown put red chili powder and whole red chili and tomato puree. Cool down the mixture and strain it. Take out all the access oil and paste the mixture. And keep aside.
- Deep fry the curry leafs and take out the excesses oil and crush them gently add this crushed curry leaf with crush coriander and crush fennel seeds and keep aside.
- Now take two slices of Paneer on top of 1st slice apply the green paste which is made and kept aside and on another slice apply garlic paste which is again made and kept aside.
- Roll this two slices of the Paneer in such a way that you get two different colours in the same roll. Wrap the roll in cling film and freeze it for 30 mins.
- Now take out the roll cut in to 5 inch roundels and sauté with little oil sprinkle little turmeric powder on top.
- Apply the curry leaf mixture on both side of the roundels and serve hot with mint sauce.