Mini Apricot Cake
- 110 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 apricots, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 75 grams sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 176° Celsius. Take the ramekins/ custard cups/muffin cups and coat them with the vegetable oil spray. Keep them aside.
- Take a medium sized bowl, add in flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk it well together.
- In a separate bowl, put in sugar and butter and beat it with the help of an electric mixer for 2 minutes till it is light and fluffy. Then add in egg, lemon zest, vanilla and beat it well again.
- Gently add in the dry ingredients, alternating with milk while you are still lightly whisking it with the electric mixer.
- Carefully pour this batter into the ramekins or custard cups. Place the apricot slices on top of each dish and sprinkle raw sugar as well.
- Bake these mini cakes for 25 mins till they turn golden in colour and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, place these cakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!