- 2 cups hot water
- Very strong coffee powder - 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp coffee liqueur
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Whipped cream with sugar for garnishing
- Combine the coffee, sugar, coffee liqueur, and vanilla and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture in a flat pan. Place the pan in the freezer for an hour.
- Mix the semi solid mass with a large fork to break up the crystals and place it back into the freezer.
- Repeat the above process every 30 minutes, I had to do it for 2 times before i get nice consistency of the coffee crystals.
- Spoon the granita into pre chilled glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.