How To Make Cheesy beetroot croquettes
These croquettes are crunchy on the outside and soft inside with the ooey gooey cheesy center. They are not only delicious , but healthy too since they are not deep fried, rather cooked in the paniyaram pan.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Cheesy beetroot croquettes
- 2 medium boiled beetroots, about 1 cup of grated beetroots
- 2 medium boiled yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- green chillies as per desired heat ( optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese ( processed/ mozarella)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Panko breadcrumbs , as required
- Vegatable oil, as required
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Cheesy beetroot croquettes
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients listed up to salt to taste. Mix well and form a smooth dough, you may add some breadcrumbs, if you need to bind the mixture, I didn’t need any.
- Make a lemon sized ball, flatten it , put some grated cheese in the cavity, gently seal it, and form a smooth ball. Dip this in the cornflour slurry ( mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water) ,then roll them over the breadcrumbs.
- Prepare the remaining croquettes in the same way. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 drops of vegetable oil in the cavities of the ebelskiver pan, Place the balls in the cavities, let them cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat,then flip gently and cook until evenly browned from all sides.
- Serve hot with dip of your choice / tomato ketchup.