Kacha Gola is the very famous sweet from West Bengal which is made of fresh paneer or chenna and flavored with cardamom and saffron. The sweet is not just quick but can also be made in a jiffy, specially when there are sudden guests at your home. The melt in mouth fudge tastes amazing when refrigerated for some time before serving. Kacha gola is usually not as sweet as compared to the other Indian sweets. The sweetness is mild and the main aroma and flavor is infused by cardamom and saffron. Kacha gola is often served during special occasions like marriages, festivals etc. Perfect gift for your loved ones, All you need to do is, take a old cookie box or a sweet box that you kept reserved from last time you bought sweets. Arrange the kacha golas in the box and decorate the box to give a special touch. Gift it to your near and dear ones and make them happy!
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
How to make Chenna
- Fresh Cottage Cheese / Chenna / Paneer - 300 gms
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Saffron - pinch full of strands
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Take fresh cottage cheese or paneer and mash it well with the help of your hands. Break all lumps to make it as smooth as possible.
- You can use store brought paneer only if it is fresh, but I prefer using home made paneer for making kacha gola.
- Once the paneer is smooth enough, add cardamom powder, soaked saffron and powdered sugar. Mix everything well to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Take a tray and arrange mini muffin paper liners on it.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the paneer mix and roll it between your palm to make a smooth ball.
- Place the ball on the paper liner and similarly make more.
- Your kacha gola is ready and would taste great if you refrigerate it for minimum 1 hour before serving.