How To Make Tandoori Paneer Skewers with Goat’s Yoghurt
Tandoori Paneer Skewers are an excellent party starter. In fact, it is a hit every time I make it for guests.It’s flavourful, delicious, pairs equally well with beer, cocktails or wine and just the right party food.
- Prep Time4Hours
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Tandoori Paneer Skewers with Goat’s Yoghurt
- 400 gms paneer (Indian cottage cheese); cut into equal sized cubes
- 1 medium red onion; cubed
- 2 ripe, yet firm tomatoes; remove pulp and cut into cubes
- 1 Green bell pepper; cubed
- 3-4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 5-6 tbsp Tandoori marinade
- Salt, to season
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Bamboo skewers
- To prepare tandoori marinade:
- 4-5 tbsp Goat’s yoghurt
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- A pinch of black salt
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves; finely chopped
Steps to make Tandoori Paneer Skewers with Goat’s Yoghurt
- To make the tandoori marinade, mix the goat’s yoghurt with all the aromatics, spices and coriander leaves in a non reactive bowl.
- Add the paneer and vegetable cubes into the marinade and mix well. Season with salt and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as possible. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- Skewer the paneer cubes and vegetables alternately so that each skewer has paneer, tomato, onion and bell pepper.
- Oil a flat pan or grill well and heat to smoking point. Reduce heat and place the skewers. Increase heat to medium and grill till done on all sides. Paneer cooks really fast so a minute or two on each side would be enough.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a mint coriander dip.