- 1 large Eggplant/ Brinjal
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (extra required for serving)
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp Sesame seed paste(or Tahini)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Pomegranate seeds and thick cream for garnishing
- Bake or broil the eggplant over an open flame before peeling so that the pulp becomes soft and it has a smoky taste.
- Once it has completely blackened from outside, take it off the flame. Cool it. Then peel it and squeeze out all the pulp, discarding the skin.
- Add crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, chilli powder, sesame seed paste, finely chopped onions and tomatoes to the eggplant paste.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and mash well to obtain a creamy paste.
- Garnish it with cream and pomegranate seeds.
My Tip: Sesame seed paste is optional