Orange, Cherry and Almond Biscotti
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Orange juice
- 1/2 cup of Cherries (Seeds removed and chopped)
- 3/4 cup Almonds, slit in halves
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Egg white of 1 egg
- Orange rind from 1 orange
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and butter. Add in orange juice, orange rind and vanilla essence.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients followed by cherries and almonds.
- On a clean surface sprinkle some flour and knead the dough. Divide in two logs and place them on a baking sheet. Flatten the top slightly.
- Simply stir the egg white with some water and brush on the dough logs.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes or till it turns slightly brown.
- Cut diagonally with a knife into thick slices. Reduce the temperature to 150 degree centigrade and again bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve with milk.
My Tip: Sprinkle some powdered sugar for that extra sweetness.