How To Make Spiced Rice Breakfast Porridge
What do you do when you have left over rice that you cooked for dinner? I turn the left over rice to breakfast porridge. This is a brainless recipe, which is just perfect for those busy mornings. All you need is some leftover cooked rice, fruits of your choice, nuts, milk and honey. Spice it up with cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, ginger powder.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Spiced Rice Breakfast Porridge
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the topping:
- Fruits of your choice
- Nuts of your choice
Steps to make Spiced Rice Breakfast Porridge
- You can use the left over rice or freshly cooked rice. Make sure to cook the rice with enough water so it gets fully cooked and you can mash it. (If you use left over rice, mash the rice well.)
- Add a few tablespoons of milk (note this is not mentioned in the ingredient list) and heat it up on low heat. Keep stirring and mashing at regular intervals(this takes about 2 minutes).
- Add milk, salt, and all the spice powders and give it a stir. Then add honey and mix well until all the ingredients are combined well.
- Pour it into serving bowls and add fruits and nuts of your choice. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top and serve immediately.