Chocolate and Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 1 and 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- In a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan, heat milk, cream and sugar on a low flame until the mixture comes to a boil.
- In another bowl, add gelatin to 1 teaspoon water and place it on stove. Stir well until all the gelatin dissolves. (You can alternatively melt it in a microwave.)
- Add the gelatin mixture to cream-milk mixture and stir well with a whisk until the mixture blends well. Allow it to cool down.
- Remove half of the quantity and keep aside.
- Take the remaining half quantity, add in the melted dark chocolate and whisk well.
- Spoon this panna cotta mixture into glass or bowls and set it in freezer for about 2-3 hours. Set one layer and then add the next layer and freeze again.
- Top it with some fresh strawberries and mint leaves and serve it chilled.