How To Make Bread pastry with fresh fruits and nuts
This yummy homemade pastry is loaded with fresh fruits and nuts. With a little preparation you can serve it to your children or for your guests at a dinner party.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time2Hours
Key ingredients for Bread pastry with fresh fruits and nuts
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
Ingredients to make Bread pastry with fresh fruits and nuts
- 5-6 white bread slices
- Mixed fruit jam or any jam in your pantry
- Milk powder 2 tbsp
- Chopped fresh fruits like mangoes, cherries, pomegranate & kiwis.
- Hung curd+ Amul Fresh cream mixed with Sugar (you can also use honey instead of sugar)
- Vanilla essence 2 drops
- Few dry fruits, chopped
Steps to make Bread pastry with fresh fruits and nuts
- Take 5-6 fresh bread slices and trim the edges. In a bowl take 1 cup of hung curd, amul fresh cream 4 tsp, 2 tbsp milk powder, 4 tbsp sugar, few drops of vanilla essence and mix till it is smooth. Divide this into two portions.
- Chop some fruits, I have used kiwis, mango, pomegranate and fresh cherries. You can add fruits of your choice like bananas, apples and pineapples. Mix one portion of the hung curd into this.
- In another half portion of the hung curd, add some chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios. Now take 5 bread slices, spread this mixture of hung curd and fruits on a slice of bread and spread the jam on another. Once again add a layer of hung curd, nuts and so on.
- Cover the pastry with the leftover yogurt mixture. Garnish with cherries, dry fruits and let it chill before serving.