Easy Breezy Tarkari Pulao/ Rice-Vegetable(s) Pilaf
How to make Ghee
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables, chopped
- 1 cup of mixed carrots, potatoes, capsicum, french Beans, green Peas, sweet corn
- 2 cups Rice, washed and soaked for 5 mins
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, slit length-wise
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 inch piece of Cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp Everest Shahi Biryani Masala
- 2 tbsp lukewarm Milk
- A pinch of Kesar/Saffron
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, minced
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves, minced
- Soak the saffron in lukewarm milk and set it aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add the oil, once the oil gets heated, add in the bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves. Add the sliced onions and fry till translucent in colour. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the chopped mixed vegetables and cook for 2-3 mins or until the raw smell of the vegetables disappear. Now add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies and fry till the tomatoes are soft.
- Next add the shahi biryani masala and give the vegetables a gentle stir. Then add the soaked rice, salt and give it a gentle stir.
- Add water and cook till rice is half done. Now add the soaked saffron strands and minced coriander and mint leaves.
- Give it another gentle stir and cook covered with a lid by placing a heavy weight on top of the lid. Cook on a low flame till the rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot with dalcha, dahi ki chutney (onion raita) and papad.