Ingredients to make Saffron Mousse
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon finely powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground cardamom powder
- To garnish:
- Few saffron strands
- Few roasted almonds flakes (optional)
Steps to make Saffron Mousse
- Refrigerate the empty serving bowls for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a small pan for one minute then turn off the flame. Place this saffron strands in the pan for 30 seconds. Remove and slightly crush in the mortar and pestle. Transfer to a medium sized bowl and add milk. Set it aside.
- Beat the cream in a chilled bowl with a whisk or electrical mixer until it forms soft peaks. Add the saffron and milk mixture along with powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Beat it for another 20 seconds.
- Scoop this mixture into serving bowls or cups and garnish with fresh saffron stands.
- Serve it chilled for best taste.
My Tip: You can even fill the mixture in a piping bag and pipe it into serving cups in swirls.