How To Make Butter Beans Coconut Pulao
This pulao may sounds almost like ghee rice or coconut pulao but the addition of butterbeans make it more interesting. I didnt add any veggies but still you can add vegetables like green peas,carrot and beans.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Butter Beans Coconut Pulao
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Butter Beans Coconut Pulao
- 2 cups Basmati rice (washed and soaked for half an hour)
- 2 nos Onions (sliced thinly)
- 6 nos Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Butter beans (cooked)
- 2 nos Bayleaves
- 3 nos Cloves
- 2 nos Cardamoms
- 1 no Cinnamon stick
- Chopped mint leaves
- To grind:
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 6 nos Green chillies
Steps to make Butter Beans Coconut Pulao
- Grind the mint leaves,coconut and green chillies as fine paste. Squeeze out the spiced coconut milk and add more water to make 4cups of coconut milk and keep aside.
- Heat enough oil in a pressure cooker,fry the whole spices until they turns brown. Add the garlic cloves, fry until they turns slightly brown, then add the sliced onions and saute until the onions turns transculent
- Now add the rice and saute for few minutes. Finally add the cooked butter beans, give a stir.
- Now add the spiced coconut milk,salt to the rice, cook everything in simmer with lid closed until the rice gets well cooked. Add the chopped mint leaves, toss the pulao gently
- Serve with raita.