How To Make Chickpea and Broccoli Cutlets
These healthy cutlets are high on protein and fibre, a perfect way to start your meal.
- Prep Time8Hours
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Chickpea and Broccoli Cutlets
- Chickpea ( kabuli chana), soaked and pressure cooked- 1/2 cup
- Broccoli florets- 1/2 cup
- Onion ( finely chopped )- 1 small sized
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies (finely chopped)- 1 teaspoon (vary according to taste preference)
- Corriander powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander- 1 small bunch
- Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
Steps to make Chickpea and Broccoli Cutlets
- Cook the chickpeas till they are soft and easily yield when pressed with fingers. Run them in a blender till it forms a coarse paste.
- Blanch broccoli florets by boiling them in sufficient water for some time, then drain the water and immerse in cold water to retain their colour.
- Finely grate the broccoli using a grater and mix it with the chickpea paste.
- To this mixture, add the chopped onions, salt, coriander powder, chaat masala, chopped green chillies, fresh coriander, lemon juice.
- Mix it thoroughly, shape them into small oval or round patties.
- Air fry at 180 degree Celsius for 15 minutes, stopping once after ten minutes to flip them. Alternatively you can deep fry or shallow fry in a non stick tawa till they get a golden brown colour.
- Serve hot for best taste!
My Tip: I served them hot with a healthy dip of hung curd with garlic seasoning, salt and black pepper.