How To Make Ras el hanout, roasted Pumpkin soup
Ras el hanout a spice mix from North Africa. It plays a similar role in North African cuisine as garam masala does in Indian cuisine. A melange of spice and pumpkin creates a subtle flavored pair.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Ras el hanout, roasted Pumpkin soup
Homemade Vegetable Stock
Ingredients to make Ras el hanout, roasted Pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin 300 - 400 gms
- Ras el hanout - 2 tbsp
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil a generous drizzle
- Vegetable stock 600-800 ml
- Cooking cream 1- 2 tbsp
Steps to make Ras el hanout, roasted Pumpkin soup
- Place the pumpkin on a roasting tray, sprinkle Ras el Hanout spice blend, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil and roast in a 180 degree Centigrade for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool and scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
- Place the pumpkin in a pan, add vegetable stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool the mixture and blend to a fine puree.
- Finish with cooking cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of cream.