Tomato Soup (Homestyle)
- Tomatoes - 2-3
- Bell pepper- 1/3 of 1
- Garlic -3-4 flakes chopped
- Tomato paste - 2tsp
- Cumin- 1/2 tsp crushed
- Crushed Paprika - 1 tsp
- Rosemary and oregano- a pinch each Dried basil - 2tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Olive oil - 3- tsp
- Sugar a pinch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and well pepper till soft.
- Cut the tomatoes and grind to smoothest possible and the sauteed garlic and pepper and grind well. (If the tomato seeds and skin bothers u sieve well extract last bit of juice and keep aside)
- In the same pan add the butter and when it melts add the all purpose flour and saute until the flour gives a nice crisp aroma. (Make sure not to burn or brown it)
- Add the spices and herbs to it give it half a minute to release the fragrances then put the tomato paste keep mixing on a slow flame. Add the smooth blended tomato gradually without forming any lump.
- Add 1-2 cups water to it allow it to come to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup thickens to required consistency.
- Serve with garlic croutons and spring onion.
- Note: 2 tsp of ketchup while cooking tomato paste elevates the tastes so much u will love it.