How To Make Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori chicken is simply to die for. This recipe belongs to Mrs Fatema Talwala, an excellent home cook. She makes this tandoori chicken in the gas tandoor and the result is just amazing.
- Prep Time10Hours
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Tandoori Chicken
- hicken - 4 large thigh pieces (bone in skin on pieces)
- Corn flour - 1-2 tsp for dusting
- For marinade: Ginger paste - tsp ,Garlic paste -1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder-1 tsp, Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp, Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Tandoori BBQ masala - 1 tsp (#MDH brand), Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
- Red hot wings sauce - 1 tsp (Frank's brand,) Soya sauce - 1tsp
- Lime juice - of 1 lime, Thick yogurt - 1 tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp Salt to taste
Steps to make Tandoori Chicken
- .Wash the chicken well. Mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces and rub it well. Refrigerate it for 8-12 hours.
- 2.Remove from fridge atleast and hour before grilling to bring it to room temperature.
- 3.Prepare the baking dish with aluminium foil and keep a drip tray on top and keep the chicken pieces with skin over it so the fat present on the meat can melt and drip off. Sprinkle corn flour on top of each piece.
- 4.Preheat oven at 400 F bake for 40 minutes-50 minutes until the top turns crisp.Brush olive oil in between if required only as it is already added while marinating. After first 20 minutes turn pieces with tongs sprinkle cornflour.
- Discard the fat collecting at the bottom in between or it will start blackening and burning at the bottom so take care if your fire alarm is sensitive. Turn the pieces last 5 minutes back to top upward so it browns well.
- 5. Leave it in the oven even after switching off for another 10 minutes if you like dry crispy chicken on the outside and succulent juicy inside.
- Serve along with salad, flat bread like chapatti or naan mint coriander chutney or cucumber raita etc.