Fish Biryani | How to make Fish Biryani (13 likes)
- By usha balagopal
Created on 30th Jan 2016
About Fish Biryani
This is a combined amalgamation of a number of Biryani recipes from friends, family and other public platforms. Fit for a king is what I call this exotic meal from Kerala. It is best with Seer fish if available but here I have used a fresh water fish Murrelet. From coastal Kerala comes the fish biriyani with green mango raita and papad.
Fish Biryani, a deliciously amazing recipe to treat your family members. This recipe of Fish Biryani by usha balagopal will definitely help you in its preparation. Surprisingly the preparations for Fish Biryani can be done within 60 minute. Isn't it interesting. Also, the time taken for cooking Fish Biryani is not very much. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish is definitely going to come out superb! This recipe is almost perfect to serve 2 people.A lot of times making Fish Biryani can be quite tricky, so the recipe in Better Butter can help you in making it. The aroma which arises while cooking Fish Biryani is just too tempting. Cooking Fish Biryaniat home might be a little tedious but when your whole family would enjoy the meal, all your efforts would be totally worth it. The recipe can be turned and twisted in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. This recipe of Fish Biryani is so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe ofFish Biryani from Better Butter.
- Prep Time60mins
- Cook Time90mins
Video for key ingredients
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Fish Biryani
- Fish Murrel 200 gms (cleaned and cut into 1 1/2 inch thick slices)
- Onions chopped1 tbsp, pepper and chilly powder 1/2 tsp each, salt to taste , turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
- Dry ingredients to be roasted and powdered.( Biriyani spice mix )
- 3 cardamoms, 1/2 tsp each of cumin, caraway , fennel and fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 5dry red chillies.
- Fish Masala Ingredients
- Yoghurt 1tbsp, Tomato 1 large chopped, ginger and garlic paste 1tsp each, two green chillies washed and chopped finely.
- ingredients for the coconut paste...grind the ingredients below to a fine paste.
- Grated coconut 2tbsp, cashew nuts and almonds 4-5 each soaked in water & 1/2 tsp poppy seeds.
- Ingredients for GARNISH
- 5-6 cashew nuts , 8-10 raisins,1medium sized onion sliced finely.
- Oil for frying 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee (clarified butter) 11/2 tbsp
- Basmati Rice ( long grained)3/4 cup .
- Cardamom 2, cinnamon 1" piece, cloves3-4, bay leaf 1
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- A bunch each of coriander and mint leaves washed and chopped
- Water 2 cups (for the rice)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk.