Fish Biryani | How to make Fish Biryani
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Coconut Milk
About Fish Biryani Recipe
This is a combined amalgamation of a number of Biryani recipes from friends, family and other public platforms. Fit for a king is what I call this exotic meal from Kerala. It is best with Seer fish if available but here I have used a fresh water fish Murrelet. From coastal Kerala comes the fish biriyani with green mango raita and papad.
Fish Biryani is a delicious dish which is enjoyed by the people of every age group. The recipe by usha balagopal teaches how to make Fish Biryani step by step in detail. This makes it easy to cook Fish Biryani in your kitchen at home. This recipe can be served to 2 people. You can find this dish at most restaurants and you can also prepare Fish Biryani at home. This amazing and mouthwatering Fish Biryani takes 60 minutes for the preparation and 90 minutes for cooking. The aroma of this Fish Biryani is so tempting that makes you want to eat it. When you want to prepare something very tasty and delicious for special occasion then Fish Biryani is a good option for you. The flavour of Fish Biryani is palatable and you will enjoy each and every bite of this. Try this Fish Biryani and impress your family and friends.
Ingredients to make Fish Biryani
- Fish Murrel 200 gms (cleaned and cut into 1 1/2 inch thick slices)
- Onions chopped1 tbsp, pepper and chilly powder 1/2 tsp each, salt to taste , powder 1/4 tsp.
- Dry ingredients to be roasted and powdered.( Biriyani spice mix )
- 3 cardamoms, 1/2 tsp each of cumin, caraway , fennel and , 1 tsp coriander seeds, 5dry red chillies.
- Fish Ingredients
- Yoghurt 1tbsp, Tomato 1 large chopped, ginger and garlic paste 1tsp each, two washed and chopped finely.
- ingredients for the paste...grind the ingredients below to a fine paste.
- Grated 2tbsp, cashew nuts and almonds 4-5 each soaked in water & 1/2 tsp poppy seeds.
- Ingredients for GARNISH
- 5-6 nuts , 8-10 raisins,1medium sized onion sliced finely.
- for frying 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee () 11/2 tbsp
- Basmati ( long grained)3/4 cup .
- 2, cinnamon 1" piece, cloves3-4, bay leaf 1
- juice 1 tsp
- A bunch each of and mint leaves washed and chopped
- 2 cups (for the rice)
- 1/4 cup milk.
How to make Fish Biryani
My Tip:The exact amount of rice to be used depends on the kind and quality of the rice.