Dry Fruit Rainbow Rice
This is a special pulao showcasing colours of rainbow and studded with dry fruits giving it a royal touch. Basmati is a long slender rice which is cropped mainly in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. The word ‘Bas’ means aroma and ‘mati’ means full of. Hence the rice is full of aroma and here full of colours as well.
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
How to make Ghee
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- 10 – 15 Cashew nuts
- 10 Almonds
- 10 raisins
- Few drops of edible colours yellow, green and pink
- Wash the rice thoroughly and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- As they begin to splutter, add the dry fruits and fry them till golden brown.
- Add in the rice and salt. Pour in water just above the level of rice.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles on a high flame. Let it cool and open after the steam vanishes.
- Now sprinkle drops of colours over the rice. Do not stir.
- Again cook for 4 whistles on a high flame.
- Mix it and serve hot.
My Tip: The number of whistles would vary depending on your burner. The idea is to add colours when the rice is half cooked.