How To Make Bell pepper or Capsicum Pulao
A very easy and quick recipe. Colorful Bell pepper rice is well suited for lunchbox for office goers and kids also.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Bell pepper or Capsicum Pulao
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Bell pepper or Capsicum Pulao
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped finely (Yellow, Green and Red)
- Cooked Bamati rice - 1 Cup
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 1
- Cinnamon - 1
- Star Anise - 1
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 3
- Whole Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cashews - 5
- Onion - 1
Steps to make Bell pepper or Capsicum Pulao
- In a mixer add gralic, onion, cashew and whole pepper and grind it to a fine paste with a little water. Set aside.
- Cook Basmati rice with required salt and spices (Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves and Star Anise). Cook till its soft and tender with each grain separated.
- Heat a pan with oil and ghee, add jeera, let it crackle. Add in the cashew paste.
- Saute for a few minutes till the raw smell of garlic and onion leaves. Then add capsicum and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Fluff it up and cook for 2-3 minutes until the flavours blend with the rice.
- Serve hot.
My Tip: You can even use leftover rice for this recipe