Spaghetti alla Nerano, Diva Style
- 400 gms Spaghetti
- 700 gms Zucchini (about four whole zucchini)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Whole dry red chillies
- 100 gms Fresh Asiago cheese cut into tiny cubes
- Fresh basil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying zucchini
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices and fry in hot oil. Take off heat before they start to burn. Blot dry on kitchen paper, then plunge into boiling water for a few seconds and drain.
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of hot salted water until it turns al dente.
- Brown the garlic and red chillies in 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan. Remove the garlic and chillies. Add more oil and some sea salt and then the drained zucchini.
- Add the spaghetti with a ladle full of the water it was cooked in. Add the cubes of Asiago cheese and black pepper, mix well.
- Serve topped with leaves of fresh basil.