Cucumber and Pomegranate Salad
- Cucumber 2 medium, diced
- Pomegranate 1 medium, peeled and de seeded
- Chick peas 250 gms, boiled
- Garlic 1 tsp, peeled and chopped
- Fresh basil leaves, a handful, torn
- Spring Onion greens 4 tbsp, chopped
- Fresh Mint Leaves 2 tbsp, chopped
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Walnuts toasted 3 tbsp
- Feta Cheese 40 gm, crumpled
- Black Pepper ½ tsp, crushed
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cucumber, pomegranate & chickpeas and add half of spring greens, basil and mint. Add dressing and toss well.
- Shift to a serving plate, top with feta cheese, walnuts and remaining herbs.
My Tip: Use everything fresh for the best amalgamation of flavours.