How To Make Nutrela Soya Pulihora
Pulihora, or Puliyodhara is a very common preparation inSouth Indian. Puli means sour taste. Pulihora is also referred to as tamarid rice.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Nutrela Soya Pulihora
- 1 cup of Nutrela Soya Chunks
- 1.5 cups Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil / normal oil
- 2 Sprigs of curry leaves
- 2 Red chillies broken
- ½ tsp Mustard
- ½ cup, Green Peas boiled
- 1 tbsp Channa dal/senagapappu
- 1 tbsp Urad dal/senagapappu
- 4 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 2Ggreen chillies slit (if not for naivedyam)
- ½ tsp Ginger finely chopped (opt)
- ½ tsp Lightly roasted mustard powder or roasted sesame seeds powder (opt)
- ½ tsp Jaggery (opt)
- Turmeric as needed
- Fistful of peanuts
- Generous pinch of hing
- Salt as needed
Steps to make Nutrela Soya Pulihora
- Lightly roast sesame/mustard seeds.
- Wash and cook rice till just done. Do not make the rice mushy. Grains must be separated.
- Cool the rice on a wide plate along with treated Nutrela Soya Chunks.
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric and1 tbsp sesame oil evenly Leave aside till the seasoning is ready is ready.
- When the rice cools down, mix rice with sprinkled turmeric & salt.
- Heat the pan with oil add peanuts, dal and fry till golden, add curry leaves, green chillies, red chillies. Fry till the red chillies turn crisp.
- Add hing, tamarind pulp, jaggery and more salt. Cook the mixture to avoid a moist pulihora. Mix well. Do not mix when rice is hot.
- Serve pulihora with fresh homemade curd