Red Velvet Trifles | How to make Red Velvet Trifles
12th Feb 2016 ||
4.5 from 4 reviews Rate It!
Red Velvet Triflesby Parinaaz Marolia
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Red Velvet Trifles
Ingredients to make Red Velvet Trifles
- 1 small ~ 100 gm unfrosted cake (I used Red Velvet)
- 4-6 tbsps ~ 120 ml custard
- 3/4 cup ~150 gms seasonal fruit of choice (I used strawberries and )
- 2 tbsps ~ 25 gms nuts of choice (I used ) to garnish
- 1 tbsp ~ 15 gms granulated to macerate the fruits
How to make Red Velvet Trifles
My Tip:*For the Red Velvet Cake: 1/4 cup Flour 1/4 cup granulated Sugar 1/8 tsp Baking Soda 1 small Egg 2 tbsp liquid red food colour 1/4 cup Milk 3/4 tbsp Vinegar 1/8 tsp Salt 2 tbsp Oil 2- 3 drops vanilla essence *To make a small Red Velvet cake: -In a bowl combine milk, vinegar, sugar, oil and the egg, whisk well until the sugar dissolves and keep aside. -Once the sugar has dissolved add in all the dry ingredients along with vanilla essence and red liquid food colouring. -Mix well to combine. -Bake in a preheated oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees C ~ 356 degrees F -Once the cake has cooled completely, cut out hearts or circles that are slightly smaller than your serving glasses and keep aside.