How To Make Marzipan and White Chocolate Love Cakes
Beautiful moist little cakes that can be whipped up in a jiffy and are perfect for your Valentine!
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Marzipan and White Chocolate Love Cakes
- 150 grams good quality White Chocolate
- 150 grams butter
- 100 grams Marzipan with minimum 60% almonds
- 150 grams all purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 100 grams Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A few Strawberries (optional)
Steps to make Marzipan and White Chocolate Love Cakes
- Melt the butter on low heat on a saucepan.
- Chop the white chocolate and add to the melted hot butter. Mix well till all the chocolate dissolves into the butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale, this takes about 5 minutes.
- Grate the marzipan into the egg mixture and whisk until the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the mixture. Add the chocolate butter mixture to the batter and mix everything together gently.
- Grease muffin cups and pour the batter into them till half full.
- If desired, you can stick in half a strawberry into each muffin, with the cut surface facing up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree centigrade. Cool and dust them lightly with icing sugar.
- You can decorate them with sprinkles or more chocolate if desired.
My Tip: The cut strawberries look like little red hearts peeking through the little cakes!