How To Make Flour less chocolate cake with pomegranate sauce
Deep dark flour less cake that simply melts in your mouth, perfectly paired with a sweetly tart pomegranate sauce. Perfect valentine's dessert.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Flour less chocolate cake with pomegranate sauce
- 90 grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup or 56 grams unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup or 50 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water
- For the sauce : 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (from 1/2 a pomegranate)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
Steps to make Flour less chocolate cake with pomegranate sauce
- Grease a 4 or 5 inch round pan with butter. Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade. Melt the chocolate and butter together on the stove top or microwave until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar
- Mix in the eggs, one by one.
- Mix in the cocoa , vanilla and water until smooth.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick entered in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and unmould carefully to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Heat together the pomegranate juice (grind pomegranate seeds in a mixer and strain), sugar and lemon juice and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thick, for about 6-8 minutes. Let it cool.
- Serve slices of cake with sauce served alongside or drizzle on the top.