Valentine's Day Special Marble Cupcakes
- 220 grams plain flour/apf
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 210 grams castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons refined sunflower oil/vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- Pink/red food color
- 1/2 cup buttermilk/curd
- 2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line your cupcake tray with liners. Preheat your oven to 170 degree centigrade.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, corn flour, baking powder and baking soda. Sift this 2-3 times. Divide into two parts.
- To one part add 3 tablespoons oil, 105 grams caster sugar, 1/4 cup curd/buttermilk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence. Make a smooth and thick batter using 1/3 cup water. The vanilla batter is ready.
- Make the chocolate batter with the second half by adding all the ingredients for vanilla plus the cocoa powder.
- Pour 1 teaspoon vanilla batter into cupcake mold. Pour a teaspoon of chocolate batter on top of it. Repeat this until you fill half the liner. Do not fill more than 1/2 the height.
- Bake at 170 degree centigrade for 18 minutes or until done. Once done, cool them to room temperature.
- To a cup of icing sugar, add light corn syrup, a few drops of vanilla essence and 3-4 teaspoon water. Mix well. Make a smooth and thick but pouring icing. Add more water if needed. Add pink food color and decorate your cupcakes using this.