A beautiful combination of rum, cherries, white chocolate and hazelnut in a smooth creamy mixture of egg white and yolks. This dessert is so appealing that I could not resist having a full bowl. Much like Ice Cream but softer. Semifreddo is just amazing.
- Prep Time40Minutes
- Cooking Time0Minutes
- Pitted Cherries 250 gms
- Egg Yolks 4
- Vanilla Essence 2 Tsp
- Castor Sugar 1/3 Cup
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1 and 1/2 Cups
- Egg Whites 3
- White Chocolate Chips 1 Cup
- Rum 1 and 1/2 Tbsp
- Hazelnut (Chopped) 1/4 Cup
- Melted White Chocolate 1/8 Cup
- Pitted Fresh Cherries (for garnishing)
- Roughly chop the cherries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat in the heavy whipped cream with an electric mixer till soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- In another big bowl beat egg yolks, vanilla essence and sugar for 2-3 minutes or until thick or creamy.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream, chopped cherries, melted chocolate, rum, white chocolate chips and hazelnuts into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold egg whites in three batches into the above cream mixture.
- Grease a loaf pan. Line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- Spoon the cream mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with a cling film and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Turn onto a plate. Garnish with cherries or as desired.
My Tip: Ensure the cling film sticks onto the surface of the semifreddo mixture and there are no gaps. If there is a gap then it will lead to formation of ice crystals.