How To Make Pyaaz Kachori
Crispy on the outside, soft and spicy onion masala on the inside. This popular Indian street food goes perfect with your evening tea.
- Prep Time21 /2Hours
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Pyaaz Kachori
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Pyaaz Kachori
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Water as required
- Oil for Deep frying
- For the stuffing:
- 3 Onions
- 2 green chilies
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon oil
Steps to make Pyaaz Kachori
- In a bowl add flour, salt and oil and mix well. Add water and knead into soft dough. You can also add ghee/clarified butter in place of water to knead the dough. Cover and let the dough rest for about 1 to 2 hours.
- While the dough rests we will prepare the filling. In a wide pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds to hot oil. Add finely chopped onions and green chilies and sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell of the paste is gone.
- Add all the spice powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and cook for about a minute on low flame. Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Lightly knead the dough and divide the dough and the filling into equal portions.
- Heat oil in a wide pan for deep frying.
- Roll one portion of the dough into smooth ball. Flatten it into 3 inch circle. Place a portion of the filling in the center. Bring all the edges to gather and seal it tightly. Roll this stuffed ball int0 3 inch circle. Keep aside.
- Repeat this step for rest of the dough.
- Deep fry small batches of kachori on medium flame for about 3 minutes. Reduce the flame and deep-fry on a slow flame for another 5 minutes. Remove from oil and drain it on kitchen paper.
- Serve these delicious spicy masala onion stuffed kachoris immediately. Best accompaniment would be spicy green chutney and sweet dates-tamarind chutney.